Prepare for a Stress-Free Move
Moving day can be a hectic and stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be. A little preparation can prevent problems and headaches from ever developing. Here are a few hints to make your move go more smoothly.
- Any explosive or flammable items must be transported by the customer. This includes aerosol cans, propane tanks, paint and paint thinner, gasoline, as well as firearms and ammunition.
- Empty gasoline from power tools such as lawn mowers, trimmers, etc.
- Drain garden hose, connect the ends, and place in a plastic bag or empty trash can to avoid leakage.
- Chests, dressers, and other furniture are moved with drawers intact. Remove anything that might break or slide around during transport.
- Do not empty vertical file cabinets.
- Empty contents from refrigerator and freezer prior to moving day.
- Disconnect all electronic and computer equipment before movers arrive.
Review the following checklist of people you should notify before moving: